A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Goodbye from Beth Schnellenberger

I remember the day Judith contacted me when the Fire blog was just starting. I kept emailing her, "But, I'm not an artist." She kept encouraging me; she NEVER gave up. And I can honestly say that (artistically speaking) being a Resident Artist on the blog was one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

The blog gave me confidence, it introduced me to LOTS of new tools to add to my artistic tool belt, and it afforded me the opportunity to meet Judith in person and all of you in the blogosphere. Because of the blog, I don't any longer have (too) much trouble saying, "Yes, I'm an artist."

Thank you, Beth and Judith, for all the hard work you put in to make this blog SO successful. Thank you SO MUCH for including me in this endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.